THE INTERNATIONAL FIRE MUSEUM
2301 EAST 11th STREET
DAVENPORT, IOWA 52803
                                                                                                                           
Operated by the Davenport Fire Antique and Restoration Society &
located in old Hose Company No. 4 in the Village of East Davenport.

 
Old Hose Company No. 4 - built in 1931

The Davenport Fire Antique & Restoration Society was founded in 1984 by four members of the Davenport Fire Department. These four firefighters were Rick Fritz, Steve Pethoud, Leon Rowell, and Mike Waters. After the organization was formed and incorporated the  members approached the city about using the old fire station in the Village of East Davenport as a fire museum. Details were finally worked out and  after cleanup and some restoration the museum was finally opened in 1986. The museum houses a lot of interesting fire fighting memorabilia including some one of a kind items. Our 1951 Mack pumper was purchased from the city of Riverdale, Iowa and is in excellent condition with approximately 8000 miles on the odometer. If you are ever in the Davenport area please stop by and visit us.

The museum is open Wednesdays and Saturdays 10am - 2pm
May 1st - October 31st




Davenport Fire Department History
Some sections are under construction so the buttons do not work.
1902 DFD History

1911 DFD History

1929-1930  DFD Photos

1952 DFD Photos

1974 DFD Photos

Early DFD Volunteers

Second Alarmers



Links





Rowell Graphics  © 2006-2009 Inclusive